Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Yeah I agree I have a really big issue with drm especially if you get 1 to 3 installs or 1 machine only.
What is worse is stuff like a comercial screen reader does not come cheap.
And paying 7 coppies for 7 systems just aint doable its also a bit stupid and greedy for the guys making the software.
If vfo was mainstream they would get sued for the monopoly it has but accessibility competition in the sector is limited even when suits have been done between big companies vfo has won now vfo are buying up companies similar to what ms did with all its suing etc before it was told off that aint happened yet.
I found this with office basic office is actually fairly priced and will work if you never need to use a slideshow or outlook.
But if you need to use anything more than a spreadsheet or word processer it costs a bit more.
And while the mid price for the second teer is a bit of a squeez the top teer is well out of reach but then home users never need access so it doesn't matter mostly.
But sadly withthings like jaws its really sad.
I do have a licence, but I may as well give it away for all the good it is now.
Each version of the reader you need to upgrade your licence key, the same is true with other stuff I guess thats fine.
But what isn't are the crazyness behind this.
1.  Upgrading from home windows to a pro windows to enterprise.
You would imagine that upgrading from x to y to z will give you extra features  that you would want on y and z.
But no the upgrade is so you can register on those platforms.
However if you spend the most now and get an upgrade for z only you can run on x and y quite happily.
If you need to get say remote access the module costs.
And what is worse others are encouraged to do the same, Yeah brian h I am looking at you even though you are not on here.
Leasy costs as much as office home and small business yet its on top of jaws.
And all I care about is q9 which  happily I have a key for but really, Modules of software shouldn't cost so much for what they are.
And what if you have more than the 1-3 units you can legally get to, buy more slots, but what if the next slot up is some sort of business licence.
You could email and nagotiate and see, but 3000 per unit is not cheap.
Its like the games you used to get on cd that required the cd.
Loose the cd no game for you.
Those died when bigger drives came out but still.
As for audiodescribed movies, you'd think the industry would have woke up to the fact there is a market for this.
If my local whatever chanel or supplier said 10 bucks a month for a subscription to stream described movies and series or even download them to be sure I'd buy them.
The easiest way to handle piracy or a large amount of it is to give the users what they need and charge competitive pricing.
Its not abnormal to have subscriptions to netflicks and things now either.
Instead you go after us for cracking things.
Give us the market we want and we will pay for it.
Sadly that aint happening.
I just don't care anymore, I have better things to do than watch movies, a couple disk failiers, plus new laws and the rest will do it to you at some point you just give up.
I mean fighting the system is fine, if I knew I could get away with it all the time I'd still be in the game.
But you don't want to get hit.
The system the big guys is fine fight do whatever, but they can hit and if they do punch back you're done for ever.
Its not worth all the issues that goes with that for a movie or music, not even software.
Maybe if I needed to use something really expensive but then I';d question if I could get away with something less.
Ofcause this is a home user talking, once you get inside businesses, small companies and bigger your options in some cases to get stuff especially business stuff dropps right down.
Office drops basically to 0 if you are in a business with the right programs, same with windows and systems themselves.
The home user hmph.