Re: Starmourn: an upcoming sci-fi MUD from Iron Realms

This is not happening without a serious amount of triggers.
Ship navigation is tricky, but is totally doable, if you sub the line about location ETC to show only coordinates. Still spammy s hell, especially if you plan on going anywhere fast, but I could see how you’d be able to do basic navigation without too much effort. Not sure how you’d be able to keep up with combat, though, especially with how I think the firing cone works, unless you had every line from beacon output subbed to only show the relative position of the object from you and even then at the speed we seem to be talking about it’d be quite a challenge. Someone suggested a tracking command, yeah that’d be nice, not sure if it’d happen though.
Regular combat is totally doable, like any other ironrelms game, just as long as you have sound triggers for the different status effects from when your webbing fails.
If any game really badly needed a soundpack/trigger set to be enjoyable, this would be it. If you thought other space moo combat was spammy, you’re going to be quite overwhelmed by this.
It is fun though, if I actually knew what I was doing with complex triggers I could totally see this being very workable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : taljazz24 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector