Re: Starmourn: an upcoming sci-fi MUD from Iron Realms

rashad wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but.
@Orin: The reason people find Ironwrelms games to be distasteful with their microtransactions isn't the fact that said microtransactions exist. It's that if you want to be at all competitive , you have to shell out cash, with your ability to compete being directly related to the amount of cash you're willing to throw at it. Yes, their games let you earn buyable perks for free over time, but nowhere near as fast. You can get somewhere in 5 minutes or 5 years, and if you don't have limitless resources to throw at a text game it can get very frustrating to watch all your friends be a million times more powerful than you...knowing you could be the same if you did 20 times the work over several years really doesn't help you feel better about yourself.
I'd personally much rather pay a single cost up front, or have perks not directly affect my ability to play well, but there you go.
Pay to play is the wrong phrasing, it is very much pay to win, and therein lies the problem. If you have not yet realised this, I'd think you haven't stuck it out on one of their games long enough.
Who knows though, let's see how this one turns out.

I'm starting to see it, however I'm not very interested in being competitive. That said, the no brainer package for 20 bucks for 2000 lessons? Not bad at all. Its just like donating on Cosmic Rage.

Iron Elite, however? $24a month? That I'm not sure of. I'd rather pay for Sirius XM lol.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chojiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : taljazz24 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector