Re: Creating an audio game using Sable (video 3), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi,

@number 70, really pleased you’ve enjoyed all the videos so far. Regarding radar sounds for walls , sable actually has different radar types you can choose  as we appreciate  different people have different preferences  when it comes to radar systems,, so the player can   choose which type of radar system they like the most . one of the radar options is similar to what you have asked for, there is also the option to have radar sounds for walls turned off, this is what it is set to in all the videos. Dungeons have their own unique radar system which is similar to entombed where a sound plays when you walk past an open passage, I’ll probably demonstrate how to create a dungeon style map in one of the later videos so you’ll see this  radar system then.
@number 71, really pleased you’re excited about the project. I’m not quite sure what you mean about setting keys, did you mean is there a configuration  option for the player to change the keyboard keys they use, or did you mean actual keys in game which are used to open locked items? As for sounds, at the moment our primary focus is on our first game Crimson Eclipse, so it’s a little too early yet to say what sounds will or won’t be included with Sable when it is released.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team