Re: Creating an audio game using Sable (video 3), by Ebon Sky Studios

I've monitored this topic with a lot of interest, but very little interaction for a while now. Let me just say that I love the idea of an RPG creation system like this. I'm one of those people who'd love to make a game, believe they've the creative mindset to tell a story through a game, but just don't have the aptitude for all that complicated coding.
I can't wait for the completion and release of Sable, which will permit people like myself who are better at content creation than complex if - then nested statements, debugging convoluted loop blocks, or remembering a million variables and how they should be used.

I respect all the enthusiasm that people have exhibited, but I think we should all respectfully wait until Sable is released before we start suggesting that X should be Y, or that A should contain feature B. That's not to say we shouldn't make suggestions, of course, but some of the ones recommending that Sable should be able to make racing games or side scrollers, for example, have slightly baffled me (as the tool is clearly designated for the RPG genre).

I'm sincerely excited about this project, and am eagerly looking forward to its initial title so we can take the wheels out for a spin to see what the tool can produce. I also would love to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the great video introductions to Sable, and they're really enlightening about how easy it will be to create content with this creation package. Keep up the great work, because there's a 3D6+5 broadsword of magnificence waiting for your awesome team.

Kai