Re: New Horizons, space combat and trading game

Okay the guide is done and can be found here in the articles room

I must apologise for the lack of usable headings. I did put them in originally, over 50 of them in fact, then punBB constantly complained at me.
I've been trying to fix the headings for the last couple of hours! when I finally got them fixed, it was all wonky, so I had to take them out.

So, headings are evil!

Either way, hope people like the guide and that it answers many questions, I tried to be as thorough as possible whilst keeping spoilers to a minimum.

@Freedom, its awesome that your planning on updating the game with some extra sounds etc (for all I do regret having to then change the guide), and of course more games would be awesome.

While I appreciate that New horizons has been a really major project and your probably sick to death of the hole thing, at the sametime, this is a truly amazing audiogame, something myself and many others, (have wanted for a while one reason I've just written such a humungus guide to help people through the learning curve).

I'd say the game goes  bit further than "A bit of fun", especially given the amount of time I've spent playing and writing about it over the past few days big_smile.

I'd therefore personally be in favour of expanding the current content in the game, rather than looking for something new at this stage, though of course its your game and what you do with it is your decision.

My suggestions would be:

1: missions for specific systems to give reasons to explore the galaxy (I like the idea of courier missions).

2: Extra ship types, particularly in the 10 to 20 k range, since at the moment the pricing is a bit nuts since there's lots to buy at the start if you begin with a worm, but once you get the cobra things level out quite a lot.
i'd also like to see some big enemy ships who took a bit more destroying and maybe some more combat hardware.

3: more advanced resource gathering alternatives for ships with bigger holds such as factories or robot dredgers for asteroid belts, since right now asteroid mining is pretty much the same all the way through.

4: Some achievements to work for and maybe stat tracking, I was a wee bit disappointed when  completed the xenobiologist mission.

Okay I'll stop rambling now.

Either way thanks again for a truly awesome game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector