Re: DT in BGT

Both X and Y will have to be mirrored, as the ball will travel along both axes.  If I hit the ball at a 60 degree angle, it's gonna travel along both.  If I hit a 230 degree angle shot, it's gonna travel along both.  I've adjusted to use the 12 o'clock system because of the way that the BGT sound pool does things.  That wasn't hard, just took modifying one line of code:
return theta = (90-deg)*pi/180;
And it works fine.  Now, 90 degrees travels along y only to the right, 45 degrees is a 1 to 1 ratio of x to y to the right, 270 degrees travels along Y only to the left, and 315 degrees is a 1 to 1 ratio of x to y to the left.  I've tested it, and it works fine.  Just need to make sure that when the ball travels away from player 1, it goes toward player 2, and that would seem to best be accomplished by mirroring.  Which would mean that a 45 degree shot going away from me would be travelling at 225 degrees toward the opponent, if my math is correct.
As for the net, it sits along the x axis, since x travels left to right in this case, in the center of the court.  X goes left to right, y goes forward and backward, and z for height of the ball.  I think that the normal convention is that y represents height, but I have seen both, so I'm guessing that either can be used, and for whatever reason my brain likes z for height.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector