Re: Core mud, futuristic crafting and mining game

@Silvermoon, nope the game is not dead, though I admit it'd be nice to see more people on there. I even saw one of the coders, though what the state of development is I don't know, a shame since there are one or two miner access tweaks (no pun intended), which might help, such as having the score displayed in a list rather than columns, and perhaps some fixes to
the rather inaccessible tripple  triad minigame called core quad, still if you want more people on there is sometyhing obvious you can do to help that situation big_smile.

@JaceK Okay I'll try and answer the questions, though also bare in mind the core wiki over on http://www.coremud.org/wiki/doku.php is handy if you want to search for information directly.
You can use set-start in a shop or in  apartment if you have one to start out there when you login.

You can raise skills both by using them, and by spending xp in the skill advancement centre in human resources, find human resources by going  sw of the central hub then heading all the way west. Since there are some skills like inspect and repair that you can't even use without putting a point or two into them this is definitely a good idea.

The combat messages are a wee bit misleading since "nick"  reflects the amount of damage your weapon has done, not necessarily how successful your attack has been. As far as I've been able to determine, how much damage you do depends upon your general attack skill and the skill for the weapon your using, as well as the type of weapon you have, so you'll need to both get a better gun and improve your skills to do more damage, though I need to look into buying/crafting some better  gear myself too, and will know more when I've done that.

Hth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector