Re: Pokemon Mud

I really need to try this mud again.  I played, but then stopped after a bit, getting distracted with Pokemon Showdown, and then by other stuff.   The application process is honestly not that hard, other than waving down an admin to review.  If last I remember before I left, they had up to gen 6 pokemon in, and probably already have gen 7 worked on.

     there's not exactly quests, outside of rp events that come up.  However, the gyms are a unique.  You have to do 4 consecutive battles with a limited inventory provided to you (so no potion spamming in the trainer fight).  After you complete this, you can then challenge the gym leader.  However, the gym leaders are actually other players who earned and applied for the role.  So right, don't expect the same type of ease in the mainstream games, dealing with 6 v 6 gym fights helmed by a player.  Granted, I don't think they use their own pokemon but ones the gym owns, though don't quote me on that.  Also, I believe no items can be used during the gym battle against the leader.   So if you were someone that got through the main games just overpowering your opponent and spamming unlimited items, you're going to have to now git gud.

    Though rp is optional, at the end of fairly lengthy rp sessions, your time is rewarded with cash rewards and an award points system used to buy special perks, which range from a nature reassignment, to an iv booster, and up to triggering events for legendary pokemon to appear for capture.  So if you want to keep a pokemon you like, but wanted  different nature and better iv stats to survive gym/elite four battles.... you might want to consider doing a bit of rp.

    I might go back to this one and try the game out again.