Re: The NER BBS, accessible gaming for all, now available

Hi Ner.

Well regarding lunatix that would be nice. With eamon deluxe it would be great to have a perminant host  so that people could play the game.

In terms of save games, well   the way Eamon deluxe works is characters that users create are saved to the database, or you can just use one of the default edx characters, so there wouldn't particularly be a problem there as even if someone else did play with your character you could just use the   in built character editer to  restore anyway, it is also quite possible that if you asked Frank Black the Eamon deluxe maintainer he'd be willing to add a password function to safe gard people's characters, since I we've been trying to solve this problem of how people can run edx without dosbox for ages.

Other dos games like Fallthru might be a bit more difficult to maintain without people mucking about with character files, though I think the risk of that is probably wo rth  having the games available to everyone to play, assuming there are no other individual password options when the games are run that you can think of.

With trade wars, well I'll worry about helpers when I've worked out the game a little more, but I thought my  planet started with colonists on it since I'm pretty sure it has numbers in the colonists column. Perhaps if you could explain that chart  it might be helpful.

Perhaps if you could explain what those columns were that might help.