Re: The NER BBS, accessible gaming for all, now available

Oo!

Oo! Eamon possibly coming to your BBS soon, I'm sure Frank Black would be proud! I've always enjoyed his Eamon Deluxe series. Even with the saving limitations, I'd still absolutely enjoy it! I'm sure the folks at: http://eamonag.org , would be very proud!

More people need to jump in to the BBS world!
I see that you have Gopher support with yours. Been trying to figure out how to start a gopher Server, under windows or Linux. Though I am an SDF member too, and possibly should just stick with that if its to difficult start a gopher server from my PC.

Ah, Legend of the Red Dragon. Though I never played LOTRD, I have played the Hogwarts Live variant of Legend Of The Green Dragon back in the day for years!

As there are so many Linux distros, not sure which one ya should base the instructions off of... It seems its better to play your games under Speakup screen reader, instead of using Orca, as it j ust works much better under a console with Speakup than a terminal under Orca.

Coming soon will be a separate thread on taking the plunge in to the Linux world, but I'm digressing here...

Keep up the wonderful work with this! I'm known as "Sunlight" on NerBBS, and on "SDF" as well.
Thanks for bringing BBS back to the world for everyone to enjoy!

PS. I'm only 29 years old, and didn't get to experience BBS, nor Gopher back in its heyday. Though learning both how they worked from Hacker Public Radio , and Talk Geek To Me , has been a joy!