Re: The NER BBS, accessible gaming for all, now available

@zseli,  I don't know about windows 7, but   last I checked there wasn't a 21 bit version of windows 7, just 32 and 64, as Ner said it'll run on 32 bit windows, I don't know about 64.

As to what you need, well you need the internet in the sense of an  actual internet connection, but you don't need a web browser such as internet explorer or firefox, in that way it is very much like a mud, though you need either telnet or  a terminal  to connect rather than a mud client.

I don't know about the emulators, but I've had no problem with telnet, I just type "telnet" into the run box, hit o to connect then when I'm asked what to  connect to write nerbbs.com, that is all.

@Ner, Eamon deluxe would be a great fix. There is a program called I basic on the Iphone that includes some classic eamon adventures, but as far as I could gather the text isn't readable with vo, much like r unning the  original Apple ii eamon on windows with an Apple Ii emulator.

Eamon deluxe has also been heavily modified and expanded, and every adventure that gets ported has recieved several tweaks.

The biggest improvement in eamon Deluxe however are the access fixes.

though Eamon was a textual gaming system, the text version of the original main hall by Donald brown has very few functions available by default, you can't for example raise your characters stats or train their weapon abilities with gold.

For this reason original  Eamon authors wrote some extra versions of the main hall program wich most people used, however those extra halls were actually graphical not text. The first version a textual main hall appeared in Eamon with all the same features as the graphical  one was actually in Eamon deluxe in january for 2012.

Frank has also been great about some other access  fixes, often miner things like describing ascii art o r the like, and has even modified some of the punctuation so that it speaks correctly (he downloaded a copy of Nvda and  tested it out).

So,  the more access people can have to Eamon deluxe the better. Ironically Frank contacted me the other day to say hi, so I told him about this topic, but he is a busy fellow.
An Iphone version would be great, I suspect an  Iphone version would need some rather basic  tweaking just to get the commands to work since even though Eamon has a great word   recognition routine so that a command like "open iron door" can be abbreviated to "op ir"  it could still be a little   urksome having to constantly type those sorts of things in with the on screen  keyboard and vo, and not everyone has an external keyboard with them (indeed though I own a bluetooth external keyboard it's a bit large to fit in my shoulder bag so I don't carry it around with me).

Wel l as to playig games, the good news is usurper seems to be going better now,  mostly because I've got enough gold and armor to run with, I've also seen some of the funnier options in the game.

The  inventory was giving me a little trouble, since it doesn't display  what items you have or are using by default and you need to enter a question mark, but it's fixed now.

I think I need to sit down and read the trade wars  documentation, indeed if you have a link to the manual so I could read it through that would help (I know it's available in the game but it'd be nice to read through straight off, indeed if it were possible having the instruction manuals to games available in the  nerbbs wiki might be   handy, though I know the tradewars documentation and lots of other resources available on . The main tradewars.com site

There is a dummy's guide wh ich looks pretty  useful which I'll need to read through.