Re: Monthly chat March 2019

Hi.@Dark, well, the pet breeding games you are talking about due actually exist, only in German though and that's the problem sadly. yes, everything is based on stats still, but the animals due have a personality to consider. Let's have a nutshell example here.

I am taking a game I am currently playing, Equine Passion, yeah, you guessed where this is going, right?
What initially brought me to the game is that it simulates real breeding conditions. You have, I think 12 or 13 genes which define your horses cullor, everything from simple brown, black and white is available, up to fancy things as silver, seal bays, silver, Grullos, dunes, Tobiano, Palomino, Overo and so on, if you know the right connection of genes and have some luck.
Then, a horses stats are based on it's interior and exterior statistics.
Interior factors are: situational awareness, inteligence, calmness, tempered, handling and carisma,
These determine a huge number of things. Tempered horses often cause lower competition ratings, very inteligent horses learn faster, a more aware horse will correct competition mistakes on it's own and so on and so forth.
Exterior factors: Head size, neck line, neck, back, front and hind legs.
This determines how well your horse is build, this is also important for breeding, breeding two horses with a to large head might result in a much to large head for the foal and cause issues with training.
Next to these things, a horses mood can change. When it's in a bad mood, it won't learn only half as fast, will make mistakes in competitions.
Also, a horse has a given birth potential, so a number how high it can reach in a competition class in a given disciplin, which you need to train, on the training page you see how far you progressed in training the sub disciplin and the max value it can reach.

the game has quite a few breeds to choose from, from Arabians, Clydesdales, icelandics, quarters, paints, and so on, every breeding organisation has their own rules how there horses can be bred, and I haven't started with the mixed breeds yet.
You see, largely complex, but dang awesome to play.

Greetings Moritz.