Re: Accessible Sound Design by Ebon Sky Studios - Second Lesson Up

@190
I can't believe I glossed over that in the video. Moving things is simply , and . again sorry that's my fault. I mentioned all the shift and alt combinations but not the simple move function!

Really great layering going on in this track.
You layered a hissing sound over your whoosh and that really kicked it up a notch. You EQ'd this extra texture with a +12dB gain at 1kHz, but all those awesome scratchy textures are really more around 4kHz. Try moving your EQ up to get the most out of that sound.

You also EQ'd a lot of lower frequencies. We almost never do this because it makes for very muddy sound.

Try this. Remove ALL of the low EQ bumps you gave to the tracks.
Then, mute track 2 and 3. You have a kind of double explosion going on - when you mute track 2 and 3 it sounds much more like a traditional spellcast. Flavour is a great trailing out, also, by the way.

Something weird is happening at 2.799. It's a pop in the sound. I think you had a lot of tracks selected and his the slice button because there are a lot of breaks in tracks. The pop is happening on track 4 - your "wooshHissing" track has a great natural fadeout - I recommend just dragging the track all the way to its end and letting its natural fade take care of things.

Great work!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector