Re: A re-occurring nightmare, what do you guys think?

I have a similar problem. In my case, the nightmare is that I die either in a fire or explosion. The thing is, these nightmares have only started over the past year or so, and I've never been in a situation where I was in a burning building, or saw something exploding, so I have no idea what could have triggered it. I wouldn't say I have a fear of fire in my everyday life either, there are certain things I'm very consciously afraid of, but that isn't one of them. The way the dream usually plays out is that I'm doing something ordinary, just going about my business, and I happen to either look out a window, or be near a vehicle and see this wall of flames racing towards me. I'm helpless to do anything about it, I know that my death is imminent, and then I wake up. There have been a couple of times where I've heard actual explosions in the dream and then woke up too.

Interestingly, I've also had a fear of car crashes since I was little, although mine is different because I always feared that someone I love will get into an accident. When I was little, and my parents were at work, my grandparents would watch my sister and I. If one of my parents was late, even 10 minutes late, I would become inconsolable until they finally arrived, although I couldn't articulate why. No matter how much my grandparents tried to reassure me that nothing would happen to them and that they were just running late, nothing would comfort me. While this anxiety has lessened considerably over the years, I still catch myself feeling this impending sense of dread whenever someone is later than they said they'd be, although I don't usually start worrying these days unless it's like an hour or more. If someone I love is taking a long trip, and they don't text or call to let me know they arrived safely, I hate that, and get very angry at them, although I don't think I've ever explained this to anyone now that I'm an adult, because I know it's silly. Like you, I've never been in an accident, nor has anyone close to me been in a serious one, not accidents that caused injuries, anyway. I don't know how or why it all started.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector