Re: Good news for all d&d fans

Well, d&d comes from a miniature war game, and yes, the latest versions underline it very much when it comes to fighting. However, you can easily recreate the grid using tactile materials such as velcro or lego bricks, or in a virtual way by using excel and by writing the monsters names in the grids. However, that's not strictly necessary. When I play with my group, the fighting areas are usually tunnels or small rooms, so I can easily create a mental grid of the arena so to tell my friends how to move my character.
For miniatures, you can use whatever you have around. We, for example, play with a mix of starwars and harry potter miniatures because our dm collects them, but you can use also taps or candys or whatever.
Moreover, even if d&d recommends the grid for best use, there are actually also parties who do not get advantage of it. They base their fighting more on how far the enemies are and on the theatre of mind, so it's just a matter of finding the group that works best for you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector