Re: Good news for all d&d fans

Glad they're coming away from  heavily grid based thing.

Generally speaking, how dynamicaly you can play depends upon the gm you have. one guy I played with in a temporary group got the name "dice rolling Dave" for example the reason you'd expect big_smile.

The gm I mostly played with though (the one who ran our eight year long mutants and masterminds campaign), was very good about letting the players do what they wanted and then working out the rules to fit, and since mutants and masterminds is pretty much D&D with some extra rules to suit superheroes, EG a difference in how damage works, I'd be surprised if the system was that limiting.

Just to take one example, my character in Mutants and Masterminds was a concert pianist who accidently picked up a battle suit. It turned out the battlesuit was actually magitech created in ancient Egypt, and that it belonged to him since he was a descendent of a magical bloodline, so as well as being able to fly around, blast things, have very tough strength etc, my character started developing magic powers when out of the suit.

On one occasion, we were fighting an evil mage who was attacking some people in a cinema showing Jurassic park, and as per her evilness made the dynosaurs in the film come to life.
so of course, my character had to respond  by conjuring up a version of Dr. Grant.

Our gm, then asked to wait a minute while he fired up hero lab (the mutants and masterminds program), and  statted up a Doctor Grant, giving him an assault Rifle, a net,  knowledge of palaeontology and survival skills, as well as the feet  favoured enemy dinosaurs big_smile.

he said it was the first time he'd ever been asked to quickly stat a palaeontologist big_smile.

So to my mind any Gm who says "there isn't a rule for that" is a  who isn't doing their job properly.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector