Re: The toxicities of the developer community

I do my best to not be in my high horse when posting answers to things. The thing that irks me though is the fact that we have newbies like Jonikster happily posting wrong information, which causes the misleading of future developers. Its incredibly irritating to me when I post something on, say, Python or Java, and someone like Jonikster comes in and makes claims that are downright fallacious.
I actually read an article about this over at the OSI, wishing that the developer community was less toxic and more welcoming to newcomers. I do desire same, but it will only happen if we ge people (especially newbies) to understand that posting misinformation and saying it as fact is going to mislead developers and they will be conflicted on who's right and who's wrong. I went through this phase; I still do, accidentally, sometimes. But I try to consciously suppress it until I've done research when I consciously know I'm doing it.