Re: The toxicities of the developer community

I can honestly say that I've had a welcoming/good experience being on this side of the forum. Seeing other devs out here answering questions makes me realize how much there is I have to learn about things, and feel like I can ask questions if something doesn't make sense.
Regarding users like jonikster, I made my opinion very clear on the thread about PHP. I am in full agreement with Ethin, - it's folks like jonikster that ruin this for everybody.
I've had my fair share of condescension, even on this very forum years back. I have since been at least cognizant (or trying to be) of my tone in my posts, because it can be very easy to mince words. Hell, I can think of a time when I outright said something that wasn't true, and still posted anyways. All this is to say that I know what it's like to be on both sides of this coin. Although I'm not a super knowledgeable dev, condescension and an inferiority complex are not discipline-unique, and I certainly had one once in my life.