Re: The toxicities of the developer community

@9, I 100-percent see your point. But its at least worth a try; while it hasn't been shown I believe that the list of resources for sound acquisition has helped many a person. I am just trying to help the beginner who actually does want to learn by providing them a centralized list of resources they can learn from.
Youbraught up how programmers will raise points that beginners are not even close to understanding. This (IMO) usually results because someone who does not know what they're talking about starts such a discussion and gets destroyed for it. Granted, that's not always the case, but it usually is. If we're answering a beginners question and bring up a more advanced subject, usually we tone it down or attempt to describe it in another way that the beginner will understand.
I agree with your point on patience though. I don't think anyone truly knows what patience is until they go and write memory managers, though. smile