Re: Moving out

For hard boiled eggs, you can either do them in a pan with boiling water or even in the microwave if you have a microwavable pan. I've not done them for quite some time since usually when I do eggs we tend to have them scrambled, but its relatively easy as far as I remember, boil water, put water in pan, put pan  in the microwave or on the hob if you prefer and heat for about three minutes.

You can even get small electric egg boilers which both heat the water and boil the eggs for you, my mum has one but I don't really eat enough hard boiled eggs myself to matter.

I'm not sure what a boiling control disk is or why you need rubber pads for stuff exactly, though as I said I'd strongly recommend good oven gloves, and maybe whatever appliances your comfortable with. IN terms of  grills, I'd recommend consider getting one with removable plates, especially if you are getting a dishwasher, since otherwise cleaning it can be quite difficult.

For a dishwasher, one thing to be careful with is cleaning the surfaces, because you can and will spill things. My brother has a dishwasher, and rarely does his surfaces, which has  led to him having ants etc. For me, I wipe down the surfaces and dining table whenever I do the washing up with a combination of bleach and washing up liquid, which keeps them extremely clean. So, if your getting a  washer be sure to get a good anti bacterial surface cleaner.

As to bills,  my best advice rather than messing with  spreadsheets etc is to use your bank's own resources. As I said previously, I myself use telephone banking and actual human bank staff since I don't want my bank account online, but if your less squeamish about security than I am you could use online banking.
This will provide you plenty of bank statements about outgoings and income.

I would also strongly recommend setting up direct debits for any seriously major monthly bills such as rent, or whatever council tax or water rates you have in Colombia, plus, phone, mobile and internet. This way you can insure that bills are always paid on time, and always have an efficient method of tracking what your major outgoings are too. If your sharing with someone else, you can setup a debit to another person's account, or the other person can debit to you and then pay out, though obviously this will also depend upon your relationship with your brother. Either way direct debits are handy.

For me the two banes of housework are shopping  and hoovering. While I can do bits of shopping online, there isn't an efficient service, and sadly finding a  supermarket with helpful staff is less easy than it sounds. Ironically my lady has a slightly better time shoppingg than I do, but such are the advantages of being tiny, female and pretty.

Hoovering is also something I find a major pain, and we've not found an efficient way around, since between the noise and lack of spacial awareness on my part its not an easy business. I'd love to find a rovac that can cope with dog hair and  be accessible to setup,  I haven't heard of one as yet that would work, though I'm sure there are some out there (recommmendations appreciated).

I'll also say these days, its bloody difficult to find appliances with honest to goodness knobs rather than inaccessible touch screens, its possible, but you'll probably have to look around quite a bit.

Lastly, my one major piece of advice on living where you are, is be certain where your going and where your friends and interests are. Without restarting the hole social topic, lets  just say that being blind,  making new friends will never be easy, and if you get stuck somewhere where there's literally nothing of interest, it can be very hard to get out of it or find something else to do in your life.