Re: Moving out

Dark wrote:

You can even get small electric egg boilers which both heat the water and boil the eggs for you

will probably look into these if I become too lazy lol, thanks.

I'm not sure what a boiling control disk is or why you need rubber pads for stuff exactly, though as I said I'd strongly recommend good oven gloves, and maybe whatever appliances your comfortable with. IN terms of  grills, I'd recommend consider getting one with removable plates, especially if you are getting a dishwasher, since otherwise cleaning it can be quite difficult.

the rubber pads are just nice useful things to have to open those hardly sealed jars and so on, its more a convenience thing, plus family appreciates some too. A boiling control disk rattles when water begins to boil as a sound alert, and it apparently prevents things from boiling over and spilling in the process. I was shown this in the U.s. at school and thought it was genius.
There was also a stick which allowed you to push and pull things in and out of the oven rather remotely, any idea what that is called?
Thanks also for the dishwasher and billing tips. I use online banking a lot so no troubles there.

regarding shopping: for some reason, Colombia has had this intriguing tendency to become a first plus world country (even though its social and politic conflicts will never allow it to be if it does not change) and so we are now having stuff from automated shopping delivery apps to supermarkets having a terribly inefficient ordering catalog and system online and everything in between. One noble idea is one site that is subscription based which delivers basic food products straight out from local farms every two weeks so fresh stuff is guaranteed and on time. Getting help for me has not been that much of an issue either.
Hoovering. I think that is not going to be much of an issue since I do this almost weekly. Brother is sighted, so he could chime in from time to time to let me know where i have gone wrong and so on, but as we will be getting some new stuff I will let you know if I come across something worthwhile. I think the one we have does cope alright with dog hair, even though our 12 pound urban free-ranging cutie does not spill so much.
Regarding your last piece of advice, that is actually one of the things I actually most like about where i will be. I do have already friends there nearby, everything that you can think of is close by, including a big supermarket, hospital, the university from which I graduated, bakeries, and so on.
Its about time for me to head out to the torturous gym leg routine, so I will leave it here for now. Thanks a lot for the information which surely instills confidence.