Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta66)

Water actually isn't bad. Rain+healing rain/acid rain/catching rain is neat, plus Sonar Ray is good unmissable damage. You can't force someone to be weak to water or anything unless you also use a rock deck with Rock Statue/Power Gem, but yeah. I mean, water isn't anything amazing, but get it set up and it's actually pretty good. A water-dark kraken deck can also work surprisingly well.

I've played tons of decks in my time, and I like a lot of them. Music deck, blood deck (still my overall favourite), a colossal crushing (rock+fighting) deck, a neat dicemaster themed deck...I have lots of ideas. I'm just saying that a lot of cards...kind of don't work, or are so niche that you'll never see them.

Just to put this whole Ancient Time/Rap Ray thing into perspective.
Ancient Time requires only that you have Ancient Ruin active; it's like rock level 14, and will confuse you based on which turn it is. i.e., if it's turn 14, you have confusion level 14. This means you can hit yourself for like 80 damage. Not only that, but Rap Ray does some damage based on your confusion level; this combo is so strong that I've never even managed to use Rap Ray in a council fight; Ancient Time is enough on its own. that's how ugly that is. And with Healing Dice/bug's instant recovery moves/various other healing tricks/low-level symbol cards, there just isn't any stopping it, especially if you toss in a few Hypnosis for fun to stall out the turn counter.

I also have a blitz deck I use for quest mode that mostly does flying and fighting damage, and it wrecks at low HP because that's all it's really meant to do. I've got a couple fire and normal attacks splashed in there as well. But I'm telling you, in higher HP fights, such a deck looks silly. And in lower HP fights, the decks that need insane setup just die on the vine.

I'm totally fine with not every card being awesome. I'm just not so fine with literally dozens of cards feeling lackluster.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector