Re: I'm leaving for now

Wo, this is expanding faster than my ever-growing waistline big_smile
Alright, I've given it some consideration, and I don't think it'll hurt too badly to share my thoughts on the decline of the forum.
It started with a small experiment, 8 years ago ...
The experiment grew in popularity and soon had become, undisputedly, the biggest online fps for the blind that we'll see in quite some time with such a longevity.
As this game literally exploded, people were drawn in from all places in the world, which was a good thing because more players. However, there were a lot of people who could not understand a word of english and who seemed to think that cheating and shitty behaviour was acceptable. I'm not sure if this is a culture thing, but I believe it's also an age thing as this simple Halloween game drew in a lot of young people who's english again was poor.
Due to the amount of people speaking different languages, cleeks outside the "mainstream" community started to form, some of which cultivated a reprehensible behaviour. This would've been less of the case when fewer people played, as those who didn't speak english as their primary was forced to interact with the "mainstream" because there were no other consistent small community that fit them.
As the game grew in popularity, so did the desire to cheat. When it turned from a simple FPS with complex layers of stats, missions, levels and skillpoints, the ability to accumilate massive piles of gear, the desire to cheat or break rules to get ahead of others became much more noticible.
It became a competition for some cleeks to try and outcheat the others, and make our dear Zombie Apronic overlord as miserable as possible. I think the reason why this behaviour was not as strong in the "mainstream" part of the game was  the loud and vocal objection to it that discouraged people and made them realize their behaviour was frowned upon.
And what can you say? Cheaters attract malicious people. There's a reason why game became subscription-based, after all.
A lot of the drama spread over to the forum, I should know since I was a part of it (I have still, to this day, never cheated online though! Give me a cookie)
When these reprehensible people were blocked from Swamp, they started taking their assholish behaviour elsewhere .... to games like this.
As you can see, a lot of the cloners here do not speak english very wellj. I'd say that their behaviour infected others who weren't the most mature, too.
That's my take on it.
Also, fuck grammar and spelling. I don't get paid to write this. big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : elia fogel via Audiogames-reflector