Re: Nethack Ascension

I actually went through and redefined all my symbols in NetHack so that they use the extended ASCII characters, so I'm using nonstandard symbols for dungeon features. I then use JAWS' dictionary feature to rename all the symbols, so a typical line might sound like "top left wall wall wall broken door wall wall wall closed door top right", or "wall ... fire trap . fountain wall". I didn't change *all* symbols yet, but I plan to change more features, such as the stairs from < and >. It honestly makes tracking things so much easier, and in the latest version of NetHack, you can do an underline key, followed by x to focus the cursor on the nearest unexplored tile. You can then either press period to try and move there, or if you have mouse support on, click on the tile (since the cursor moves to highlight it).

Kai