Re: Training Centers

Hi everyone. This topic about training centers, O&M instruction and such has gotten me curious about something. I guess I actually have 2 questions here. First of all, for those of you who have been denied formal O&M instruction by your respective state VR agencies, what if anything did/could you do about it? If any of you have, like me, gone to your state Client Assistance Program, what if anything did they tell you? My other question has to do more with the training centers. How is orientation and mobility approached and what is "structured discovery" all about. Somebody on another forum emailed me privately to try and explain it, but the document was inaccessible. I know that there are O&M instructors out there who are visually impaired to one degree or another. I'm not going to give my opinion on this one way or the other, but what I want to know is what method or methods of instruction they use with their students?