Re: Sonus GDE thoughts

Hi Amerikanian.

Those are a lot of questions. Thank you for that. You  may have to prod me if i miss any. I'm using a phone at the moment and it requires a lot of scrolling up and down.

To answer the first post. Simply put the conditions inside each other. This means both conditions need to be true. So we can check if the value is below 5 and above 0.

If my memory serves me well. The reason we make the player hurt a separate object is to stop the player audio finished event firing on the player everytime we get hit. This is a method I use a lot when I just want a sound to play and not effect anything else.

The actions can be input in 3 different ways. Selection form the list. GDE script, where all the actions are written  in text or there are also hot keys. Which you can find in the help menu.

Arrays are not yet included but are on the list for future updates. The reason that arnt considered essential is because you can just make game objects. For example i have an inventory list where each item is a game object that we can scroll through, using a cursor object that detects what it is colliding with.

Of course arrays/lists are a great feature and they will be included.

There is a tutorial for for loops.

The number of sounds that can be played is also planned to be increased. The 16 limit was originally implemented before the project could handle 3D sound. And was all we needed back then.

An action to alter the delay could be added. And actually has been considered. But you are right, the way to achieve this would be to have the periodical loop control and check a variable to count and activate after so many iterations.

The maps can already be 3D. This is why there is an X Y and Z coordinate and also another action to play audio positionally.

The boarder properties stretch either say from the coordinate of an object. For example.

And object at X 6 and Y 10 with a border X of 12 and border Y of 9. Would stretch 12 places either side of X6 and 9 places either side of Y.

So it would take up X-6 to X18 and from Y1 to Y19.

Great questions and appreciated feedback. I hope this answers you question but please ask more if not.