Re: Sonus GDE thoughts

I seem to find a bug in the tutorial or the engine itself.
In the farm game, whenever we hit a wall, we can plant an unlimited amount of crops. Not sure if it's because the engine checks for the first thing that is on the square when asked to see if the player is currently touching an object, but oh well. If I create the project from the instructions the tutorial gives me, the player would be able to technically walk out of the grid up to the 1 unit on the x, y, and even the z axes should you decide to implement that.
The tutorial should tell us that, after we increase x or y upon collision, we must set the value of the global variables x and y to the new values of the object. I feel like this will be better understood with a practical example. Here is my GDE script for the bottom wall.

if "Col" "player" "==" "L" ""
playa "thud" "1" "True"
addy "1" "True"
setgv "playery" "y" "True"
endif

The playerx and playery variables are my local coordinates.
I fixed the TTS issues. You may want to add an ability to output multiple variables with one tts channel, as currently it takes me 2 buttons to get my coordinates. Perhaps a keystroke to write all globals to a file could be added? Another option is a kewystroke that allows you to select what variable values would be exported upon the termination of the project. That would save me some time creating the keypress events and then removing them afterwards.
My NVDA does not play nice with the used events list. I.e, here is how my player looks when I scroll through:
Up pressed, down pressed, up pressed, repeat for the entire list. Strangely, I can never reach the bottom, either. Could this may be redesigned into a more friendlier view? Using NVDA on windows 10 here.
You may wish to wipe the tts channels upon the termination of the project. I was really confused when I checked my score within the first 20 seconds and it was shown as 180.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector