Re: Thoughts on Shoehorning unrelated content into works of entertainment.

@Jayde thumbs up for post 12, though I confess I don't agree with you as much about token representations or the current movement necessarily being a good one.

Alex, I'm sorry if that came across more personally than intended, I wasn't meaning a dig at you specifically.

I am just getting extremely tired of various people telling me how "privileged" I supposedly am given my history, much less accusing me of being a worse sort of human being due to facts about myself I cannot change due to my gender, sexual orientation  or skin colour.

this isn't to say that experiences of prejudice anyone who is gay or dark skinned etc aren't valid or shouldn't be listened to or explored in fiction, just that assuming that everyone who is straight or male or light skinned is automatically either tacitely or actively oppressive and hasn't endured their own issues is incorrect.

indeed I confess with gender  especially, the current climate is one I find severely hard to deal with and often extremely upsetting.