Re: Teens Are Not too Young for Depression

I don't know if this has been touched on, but a big reason kids become so obsessed with technology is not because their parents give them unrestricted access to it.  It's because they themselves are completely hooked on it.  Trying to stop your kids from becoming hooked on something you're completely hooked on is basically a lost cause if they've seen you obsess over it their entire lives.  They take their cues from their parents, after all.
If I saw my mom constantly staring at a glass panel growing up, I probably wouldn't have seen anything wrong with it either.  it was just normal.
That being said, I feel like this topic is slowly devolving into the usual "the world is fucked and it's [insert target]s fault."  I personally think that mindset is neither true nor productive.  Every generation assumes that the generation that comes after it is fucked in some way.  Technology is rapidly reshaping every aspect of our lives, and the concerns you all are raising are likely not permanent.  If every generation was truly worse than the one that came before it, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now, as we'd all still be painting on cave walls and marveling over how amazing it is to make something that permanent.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vablus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector