Re: Teens Are Not too Young for Depression

Kai, I am not sure if you saw the bit where Liam said that the list was discussing this and trying to come to a consensus. Considering I wasn't even around for the majority of last night, and considering that Aaron is less present in the last couple of days, this could not necessarily be stomped on immediately, not when it's going to involve what's coming. You'll see what I mean if you keep reading. Suffice it to say that no, we do not, in fact, think that this is okay.

Moderation:
We've talked on list, and have come to a unanimous set of conclusions regarding the actions of a few users here.

Ironcross is to be banned for 180 days. It should be noted that this is his second ban. His ability to continuously bully one user in particular, but others as well when the mood takes him, plus the level of community backlash he has generated, is painting a pretty clear picture. He is causing far more harm to the forum at large than not, and so in essence the community failure clause is being invoked. Lack of specific warnings to add up to a ban need not be present if problematic behaviour is in evidence, and this is very much the sort of issue that got him banned the first time. It is my hope that this six-month period of cooling off will cause Ironcross to re-examine his "don't-give-a-damn" attitude where it comes to antagonizing others.

Lawrence McSu is receiving a 90-day ban, mostly in reference to another example of personal attacks. Personal attacks have been an off-and-on theme ever since this user arrived, and it appears that a ninety-day ban is the next stage in escalation. It should also be noted here that if at any point we discover that Jaidon and Lawrence are in fact the same person, they will each receive a permanent ban from the forum.

Moonwalker, I'm issuing you another warning. I recognize that you don't agree with spreading your personal misery on the forum, and that you see it as attention-seeking. But ask yourself this: when people get upset with you when you make this claim, why doesn't that affect you? Why doesn't that mean something? You appear to be more interested in stating your case than in considering the feelings of those you might hurt, and again, as I said in a prior post, if you keep this up, it will not go well for you. If you are opposed to sharing your personal details and problems, that's fine; no one's going to make you talk about anything you don't want to. But if others feel a need or even just a desire to air their problems here, we are not going to simply stand by while you call it "attention-seeking". That's because that term, attention-seeking, is something a lot of people say about people with mental health problems as a way to dismiss what they're going through. Whether you mean that or not, it's the impression you're conveying. Please stop immediately. If you do not like this kind of thread, or do not like the original topic creator's choices, you are free to disagree with them, and free to simply not add fuel to the fire. Please consider doing so in matters like this from now on.

Dan_Gero, you are also receiving a warning. You were clearly aggravated by Ironcross's behaviour, and I understand that, but you also seem to accept that you went a bit far as well. Attacking back is not the way to go.

To the lot of you, I want to apologize that this took some time to resolve, and wish to assure you that it was not out of any desire to defer judgment against one or more users. We don't like punishing anyone and we don't do it lightly, so we wanted to make sure that we followed our own protocol as closely as we could. Since we were investigating a short-circuit of the normal discipline process, we needed more than just one or two opinions, and when we got them, I came here to report as much.

It should be noted from here on in that bullying will not be tolerated here. If you can't back down, be constructive or can't stop yourself from bothering or harassing or rising to the bait people throw, and if your behaviour is causing harm or causing people to feel cornered, attacked and abused, you will be removed from the environment. This should ideally be a place of safety, not an environment in which people can feel free to badger, make snide remarks or insult with impunity. If anyone has any questions about these decisions, please feel free to get in touch.
Once again, we apologize for the delay in administering a decision in this matter.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector