Re: Is it Time to Re-Discuss Copyright Rules on This Forum

As I see it, one of the big victims here is probably Messapple. I really, really, really need to update Messapple to use the latest MAME because there are improvements most folks are missing out on, like Echo speech more faithful to the original.

The problem? ROMs. The emulator is free. Much of the software I have for the Apple IIe is free, or is software for which I've received permission for distribution. But every last piece of software which was ever written or will ever be written for the Apple IIe is rendered about as useful as an automobile without an engine if you can't include the ROMs in the package or direct people where to get them. Which you can't legally, because you can't legally own the ROMs unless you own the hardware being emulated.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector