Re: Gauging interest in another 3d audio project

Hi Camlorn, great idea! I think our community really needs a good 3D sound library. So far, in my memory, there is no audio game that truly manages the sound in 3D completely. I'll explain. So far the games use left and right panning to indicate the position of the object. But they do not manage the position of the object if it is in front of or behind the player. To overcome this they often use the peak. Would the library you intend to develop go in the direction I think, that is to say actually give the sensation that the object is in front of the player, or in the back?
To understand each other, for good sound management in 3d, listen to this video. So far no audio game has ever managed to manage 3D sound in such a realistic way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXm6SuUigI
Thanks and good job!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector