Re: Gauging interest in another 3d audio project

@17
The thing about the FSF and any license they put out is that their definition of free isn't your definition of free.  Be careful when adopting their licenses, because they can really bite you like this.

And be careful in general if you change it.  I would say that the MPL2 has what you want, but I haven't read it in years, so don't just take my word.  You can honestly literally make the license file "You can do whatever you want with this software, but if you change it you must make your contributions available. Additionally, you use the software at your own risk and no express or implied warranty is provided".  The Unlicense is something like 2 paragraphs and says almost exactly that minus the contribution bit, and yes, that will be legally binding.  You could put "All users of this software must order a dozen cupcakes and send them to this address in New York" and it would be legally binding.  No one would use your software, you'd be laughed out of the room, but it'd be legally binding.  Using someone else's lawyer-vetted license is better if there's one that fits what you want to do of course.

Some friends and I once got fucked over by a contractor who held code hostage on a hard deadline, hacked together a stupid 3 paragraph thing in Google Docs with grammar and formatting mistakes in 15 minutes, then forced us to sign it because we needed the code faster than could be handled through lawyers.  It was also legally binding.

@18
As far as I know, SOLoud doesn't do HRTF.  It might but I don't think it does.  It does however contain Miniaudio, which is the public domain piece I might use for audio output.

Only ones I know of are OpenALSoft, Resonance, and a thing called Slab3d. Everything else has to be licensed, i.e. wwise, Rapture3d, etc, and you're going to pay a pretty penny for it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector