Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi Everyone,

@number 427. Thanks for the post, it was really late last night when I  posted our announcement  that we are starting to look for our Elite group of testers and also that we have decided to also be releasing a publicly available QA test version of Sable   with a few restrictions for everyone to play around with. Hopefully  your excited about getting a chance to try Sable first hand. In answer to your questions however it’s just too early to answer them. Full information about security features, distributing games and finer details like this will come out nearer to Sables official release. I think it’s important to remember Sable is a prototype and still only in its Pre-alpha stage of development, so some things just can’t be confirmed this early as sometime in development things have to change. What I can say is for our first game title Crimson Eclipse you  won’t need  a copy of Sable to play it, although created completely in Sable it will not require Sable to play it.
@ number 429. Really pleased that your keen to try out Sable once we make a publicly available version of the QA version of Sable. I think having a small dedicated team of  testers is important , with a direct line of contact with the team so we can keep feedback focused directly on QA testing, looking for bugs and issues. However, I’m also really excited that people  such as yourself who might not have enough time to  be an official tester will still get a chance to play around with Sable for the first time. Hopefully it gives everyone a chance to see what Sable can do first hand and gives people an idea of how games they might want to create in Sable may work and give them a chance to start planning those games.  As you say  it will also provide us with a wider range of feedback and larger number of people reporting any issues. I think it’s important to remember though that this is a QA test version of Sable, so it’s not complete, it will still need some polish in places, extra features and functionality in others,  but hopefully this gives people something to play around with whilst many of us are stuck on lock down and will hopefully keep boredom at bay smile
@number 430. I can’t give you a specific date. The closing date for applications to be one of the Elite team of 5 testers is 23:59EST next Wednesday. The team is meeting the next day to discuss applications. We want to give the 5 testers priority access to Sable which will also give us a chance to iron out any immediate bugs so the public version is running smoothly. I don’t want to give specifics on dates, since as I’ve mentioned previously unexpected issues can sometimes come up in development, but probably about 1 to 2 weeks after  the 5 initial testers have their copy of Sable

Hope that answers everyone’s questions, I hope everyone is as excited as I am that everyone will finally get to play around with Sable even if it might have a few restrictions. I’m pretty busy at the moment adding last minute touches to Sable and generally getting it ready for QA testing, so if I don’t reply straight away  its just because I’m swamped in code smile

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Werner_Katz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : martsales via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Scarlet via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Viik1nki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Viik1nki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector