Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

I'd hate to speak ill of our community, but there are indeed a select group of people among us who enjoy exploiting the good things they get. With that in mind, I hope the public beta has some very serious limitations as part of the executable. People might be able to hack through a timed obsolescence, so some other measures should definitely be in place. Mind you, I'm pretty sure your team has already brainstormed this, so I'm more than likely preaching to the choir, but it's worth stating it anyway, since the propensity for piracy and exploitation in our audio gaming community is shamefully high.

1. Restrict the public beta to two maps, 3 at the most. This way people can test transitions and such, and yet still not be able to create their own vast story.
2. Restrict the size of each of the maps.
3. Restrict the number of objects.
4. Disallow compilation of the user created content into a final package (your private testing team should be able to handle testing that aspect).
6. Perhaps consider baked in names and descriptions for high profile objects so that people can pull a quick one and try to claim things as their own. Suggestions include the first map name being something like Public_Beta_Map_1, the first room being named after your company, the first few npc's being restricted to a select list of names, etc.
7. There are sundry other ideas I have towards protecting your assets, but I'll leave them for a private discourse.

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : martsales via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Scarlet via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Viik1nki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AnamLion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Viik1nki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johanntrm7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Erick via Audiogames-reflector