Re: Dart

@14
I don't think eslint itself has a --watch and I don't know, offhand, what package you'd need for that with the TypeScript/_javascript_ ecosystem, but evry single programming language I have ever used has one and I feel like that functionality is either built into eslint or npm anyway.  It's not actually doing anything super special, just watching the filesystem in a loop and re-running the command you give it internally (and in the case of dart it *is* the command, but that's the basic mechanism).

The _javascript_ problem is that in JS land the ethos is you provide all the pieces yourself, so you kind of immediately get slapped in the face with npm, eslint, the typescript compiler.  Then you have to pick your 10 packages.  I would bet large sums of money that the reason you're finding Dart easy isn't because Dart did something special, but because Dart puts everything you need to find in one place.  One of the reasons I push people toward Python is that Python has the same sort of philosophy with things like Django and even the standard library, where you don't have to play hunt for the libraries then compare 5 of them.  It's normal enough for a small _javascript_ project to end up with 50+ dependencies, where each dependency is a few functions at most--and this has advantages.  But it makes learning harder, and if you go down the wrong paths you end up doing things we haven't done for 5-10 years like editing script tags and nothing says "hey, this is wrong/outdated and if it feels terrible that's because it is, come over here instead".

I actually kind of want to point you at VSCode.  If you're the sort to want tools that find errors quickly you can't beat it, though for Dart it may not have mature support.  It was even handling C++ like a champ until I used a bunch of Clang-specific extensions it didn't understand (also supporting C++ is hard and theirs is still in beta, so points for working at all honestly).  Can press a keystroke and get to a list of all the errors in your project in realtime, though I don't remember which because Synthizer broke it by doing the aforementioned Clang extensions thing and I haven't used it with anything else.  Also, it has accessible autocomplete and an accessible debugger (for C++ the only good accessible debugger on Windows, as far as I know, to put this in perspective. Everything else uses the same debug panels so if Dart is supported you'll get one there too.).  There's a bug with word navigation that's annoying but I have found that all the other things that you get by using it make up for that by far.