Re: buying a new computer soon, suggestions

@Nightshade
Personally I can deal with it so I haven't looked into the specifics much but unless it's just a surface application over top of the regular drivers that you can simply disable at startup through "MS Config" and or "services.MSC" than messing with it could be really risky.
Blind people; who rely on screen readers, messing with their audio drivers is usually a recipe for disaster unless they have a tech savvy sighted person available.
But if you are confident enough to mess with sound drivers (having an external USB audio device as a backup helps here) than I'd grab your sound card's exact model number from "device manager" and go find some generic drivers for it from the manufacturer to replace the Dell one's with.
That's not something I really want to explain how to do though (it's not always simple) and I don't want to be responsible for messing up your computer either, so I would suggest using Google and double checking any info you see.

@Mitch
Hmm, interesting.   Keep in mind that I was talking from a Windows 10 point of view, but if that's what you've got already than I'm guessing your particular drivers just don't support that feature.
In which case you might need to go through the dreaded MAX audio control panel of inaccessibility and broken dreams to turn things off, (which things exactly I'm not sure, but Google probably does).
I would suggest using Aira and hopefully having a USB audio device on hand just encase things go totally to shit, which they probably won't as long as your patient and know your way around Windows a bit, since you should be able to undo anything not on the driver level pretty easily with sighted assistance.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamesmaster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector