Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

Before I started reading this topic, my head was in that weird state where you feel as if a headache might or might not be coming on. Well, that headache definitely is there now, and I feel exhausted and disappointed.

But yes, that most certainly is MY fault. I chose to open this topic knowing it would be terrible. I chose to continue reading when I got proof it was, and even when it was clear it was starting to effect me.

It is my fault because I could've also done ... almost anything else. I could've gone to read another topic. I could've opened Mastodon, where I have a nice set of filters for avoiding the topics that bring me the most stress. I could've watched some Youtube videos. I could've talked to people on Discord. I could've read a book. I could've ... I think you get the point.

I'm not victim blaming here. When someone is actually abusing you, hurting you, manipulating you, what not, it is not your fault. But on a public forum, nobody is telling you what to read, what to respond to, how to react to it. And even if you do encounter something that effects you negatively by accident, you can control yourself. That's one of the things that makes us different from other animals, is it not? We don't just act by instinct, we can control ourselves.

That's why, even though I'm not feeling all that good, I haven't written even a single fucking swear ... oh. Sorry. smile

So yeah, Dan, I cannot agree with your opinion that it is other people's fault that they make you angry with their posts on a public, easily avoidable forum. I can see how it might feel like you're stuck here, because you don't know where else to go. But the internet is huge. Unimaginably so. If you do not feel well here, then I promise, somewhere there is a community of people made out of pure awesomeness that would fit you better -- at least if you don't then start drama there as well.

I'm not saying you should leave -- though I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind, especially if you really believe it is not your responsibility to control yourself -- but if this place is really so bad for your mental health, perhaps a break might be wise. You have an incredible amount of power on here, far more than you could have in real life, and it's time to put it to good use.

because if you don't ...

I'm not quite sure what the point of this post was. It won't change anything. But in short, I really don't like you right now, because I'm getting sick of all this drama. But even so, I hope you'll feel well soon.

And this goes for the rest of you too, of course. Stay safe and well. Not just physically. Mentally, too.

Edit: Fixing a typo.