Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

I'd just like to point out really quickly that the word "homophobia" is an example of the evolution of language.
If you break it down, "homo" means "like" or "the same as", and "phobia" means "fear". It's true. But the meaning of the word now is very clearly a hatred, fear, mistrust or unreasoned prejudice of or toward homosexual people or actions. Language is ever evolving and changing, so trying to cite the original Greek or Latin roots of a word in order to attempt to render a term or label absurd is...well, calling it a deflection is kind, and calling it wilfully obtuse is only half of the story.
Again, language evolves. The meaning of the word "homophobia" is now extremely clear in a cultural sense. You can argue with it, but while you're at it, you might as well argue that blue isn't even blue.

I sympathize a great deal with those of you who are struggling more by being stuck in the house, or who have been forced to lose your livelihoods over this whole Covid situation. It can lead to all kinds of mental health struggles, and the hell of it is that they'll manifest differently for everyone. For me, it's a disruption of my sleep schedule, a desire to sleep more, a periodic lack of motivation and the sense that I'm reaching something of a breaking point when it comes to certain issues that I am simply not willing to soft-pedal. For others, it can look like all sorts of things. I can disagree with the things a person says all the way down to the ground, and I might even challenge those opinions loudly if I think there's a reason (and, let's be real, sometimes when there isn't a reason). But I care about people, and if there is some way I can help any of you, please let me know.