Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

I said very, very early on that I can stand a lot of heat. I'm more than willing to get stuck right in and take a kicking if that's what it takes. Sometimes this is good, because it means you can put me out front and I won't just blow up with the strain. Sometimes it's bad, because I don't take it sitting still and I'll eventually kick back, sometimes very hard.
So what's the point, you ask? I don't like being quiet, even when tactically it might be wiser to do so. I'm working on that. But I believe in honesty, and I believe in standing up for what is right, both personally and for the forum. Sure, I could've thrown in the towel, but I truly believe that despite some mistakes - some far bigger than others - I'm doing a fair amount of good here. I'm by no means alone in this. The other staff members, and many individuals not on the staff team, are also doing a lot of good work here, so this isn't a glory-grabbing situation by any stretch. But I feel like I'm doing good, and I want to go on doing that, learning from it, admitting when I screw up, and generally just being a relatively stable presence. If it ever gets to a point where this place is taking too great a toll on my mental health, my overall happiness or my stability, though I will have to leave. We're not at that point yet; I have pretty thick skin. Until then, here I am.

I'm definitely glad that this thread appears to have calmed down, and am only hoping that Dan is taking some time to mull over what he's gotten here.

If anyone ever wants to have it out with me on a moderation decision but does not want to cause drama, feel free to shoot me a private message, and we'll chat about it. Defender has already taken me up on this at least twice, and while I can't promise I'll agree with you, I'll hear you out and will consider what you've said. Sometimes it will mean straight-up admitting I was wrong. Sometimes it'll mean me explaining - sometimes at greath length - why I disagree. Either way, my door is open, and I hope that goes for most of the rest of you when trouble hits.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector