Re: What do you think of this video?

@55
I mean, I haven't encountered this double standard.  There's tons and tons of people fighting for the rights of blind and disabled people, and tons and tons of people who think it's bad.  If you specifically want to say "where are the blind people fighting for the blind people" look up the NFB, AFB, ACB, for starters, and that's just the U.S. organizations that I can think of offhand.  The reason there aren't more blind people super visibly fighting for things, though, is because for most blind people getting to the point of being able to leave the house unaided is a challenge, let alone going and camping out somewhere.  You have to have good enough physical health to be able to consider big, flashy demonstrations.  But that's okay, because there's people like adapt out there who do stuff like go protest in senator's offices to protect the ADA for everyone.

Also, in the U.S. at least, discrimination on basis of blindness both for employment purposes and with respect to shopping are both illegal and can be taken to court.  It honestly can be more easily taken to court than anything to do with racism.  Obviously there are always going to be dipshit individuals who will discriminate, but if you think the world is as bleak as you seem to, you might want to go look into your legal situation, because the story you're describing is literally sufficient to try to sue them, and if it was on camera or something you'd probably win.

Plus if you go blind after working, the government will give you up to $25000/year for the rest of your life; there's governmental departments working to get you a job; and Randolph-sheppard exists.  Yeah this stuff may not be great, but all the other minorities, even many of the other disabled minorities, don't have much like it.

It's just that blindness honestly sucks so much that all of that still isn't really enough to make up for the disadvantages.  No matter how I've sliced it over the years, the only really effective thing I've been able to come up with for solving blindness that isn't a cure is taking all the money that we're willing to spend on guide dogs for one person (around a million dollars over your lifetime give or take), invest it at birth, and give it to you when you're 18.  Modern jobs are headed in very blind-unfriendly directions again, and even basic stuff like getting your own mail is becoming a problem; and while we might mandate accessibility we'll spend more money on it than if we just gave all the blind people money for life.

Fortunately brain implants are no longer a joke from science fiction, and we have a chance in hell of seeing a cure in my lifetime.

@58 and @59
Unless I am very much mistaken, you can be fired for missing work to protest.  This world in which we garnish wages for it or whatever--that's this one.  Your right to protest is only defended from the government, just like your right to free speech is defended from the government.  Some states might have additional laws about this, and it's possible there's something I don't know, but if someone told me they were missing work to protest I wouldn't expect them to be getting paid for it.

@57 and @59
The problem is (or appears to be) qualified immunity.  Also giving police departments honest-to-god tanks  because hey, we just have this extra tank over here, let's not let it go to waste.  But police shouldn't be accountable to each other, they should be accountable to us.

Giving someone a gun and power over other people with few to no legal checks won't end well even if most people going in are good people to start with.