Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

My issue with the AR15 is a simple one, and it's not nomenclature, it's function. Why does a civilian need it?

I guess the point I've been trying to get across is that regardless of the intention of the founding fathers or whatnot, Americans have proven that this much gun freedom just results in a lot of people using guns to do exactly what they want, to the final degree. Lots of blood. Lots of death. I think the gun violence numbers speak for themselves.

I want to bring this back to Covid-19 for a sec, too, since we've definitely wandered afield.
From what I can remember when I was reading about this, back in early to mid-May, when there were "open up!" protests largely consisting of right-wing whites showing up at barbershops and town halls and whatnot, many of those people were wearing guns. Very few shots were fired, and I don't believe anybody was killed, but a lot of people -were carrying guns. Most were apparently -not wearing masks, either. Now, I don't know about you, but a mob carrying guns might possibly be enough to make a police force start getting antsy...yet there was no strong reaction, and definitely no overreaction.
Now, flip this on its ear. A bunch of mostly peaceful protestors go out in support of BLM. Some get too rowdy and start destroying property, which isn't great, but the majority by far are peaceful. They're loud, they chant a lot, they sometimes block traffic, and there are quite a lot of them in some places. Most are not armed. The fair majority (though by no means all) are masked. And what do the police do? They attack.
Some might want to use the presence of guns amid protestors as a reason why the police didn't attack, but I don't think it's that simple. What I want to focus on is the things Americans decided to bear arms for. They took up arms because they wanted haircuts, and were left alone. They mostly left guns at home when protesting the inequity in the prison and justice system, and were beaten, shot, arrested and otherwise brutalized by police.
Now, tell me that's a reasoned, rational response.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector