Re: Time of conflict strategy and/or recording?

SLJ, both of your questions can be answered together. Lists show you all of your units of a certain type. If I have 17 armoured units split between 3 cities and placed on sentry on my land, I will forget where they are. By looking at the list of armoured units I can read down all of the armoured units and it reminds me of their coordinates and whether they are damaged and on sentry. You can use shift with down arrow in the lists to highlight groups of units then wake them up or send a whole group to a certain place or attack an enemy or whatever. This is quicker and it means the game will sort them out in the best order to move them rather than when you move them manually and it either takes a long time or they get in each other's way.

Lists are also how I find out what units I have on sentry. I always leave some units awake, especially important or powerful ones, so that the game doesn't march for many turns when the enemy is close by. Using the lists you can arro w up and down to remind yourself of all the units you have, where thy are and to wake up the ones on sentry. I think lists show enemy units of that type as well although you should be careful because the enemy may have moved and not still be where the list thinks they are because it takes its information from the last time your units saw the enemy.

You can win the game by really quickly making infantry and sending them wandering across the map to conquer all of the cities. This only works on a land map though since there will not be any water to slow them down. If you have to take the time to build ships, the enemy will probably be ready for you when you get there. I prefer to play TOC as a long game though since just running over and making lots of infantry isn't really a challenge and doesn't really need much skill, especially on the small maps. I imagine land battles on the very big map are absolutely crazy. If playing long land battles, some of the things the eng ineers can do are great fun.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector