Re: Time of conflict strategy and/or recording?

I've not had an alliance because it would be hard to control what the computer does. If it sends infantry to capture all of the cities then you're stuck with your small amount of territory and your ally would just get in the way. I've not triecd though so that might not be right.

I've also not tried playing TOC in real time. The turns help a lot because there are so many units to keep track of that I think the game would get ahead of me in real time.

The only problem with the game is that the placement of the computer's territory can make the difference between whether it is winnable or not. I had to abandon a game once because the enemy's land was very near mine and half my cities were in range of a Big Bertha artillery piece it built on its coastal city. That was the first time I saw what those bad boys could do and they're terrifying! Fun to destroy them with bombers though since they can't target aircraft.