Re: Earwax

@43
You'll have to offer a raycasting function no matter what, if you ever want to be used in an FPS or anything else that wants to know if the projectile hit the enemy.  You feed it a position, a direction, and a max length, and it tells you what's in the direction starting at the position.

I feel like where you're going to get stuck is physics simulation and efficient runtime map processing stuff, probably.  I'll be fixing that after Synthizer, but that's a ways out yet.

@42
You can do that by simulating the level as a big world and determining if there's walls between the player and the other thing or not, hard-coding "I'm in the tower, outside is to the north, play this track there", etc.  It depends on what kind of world you want.  When I get further along I'll be doing it as really big maps, but that does require a certain skillset that's uncommon around here and you said you like turn-based combat for some reason so you probably don't need that level of detail anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector