Re: Any way to play the VIP gameszone games for free?

Just gonna chime in here and point to AlterIWNet, a COD alternative server, being cent a C&D  letter by a law firm on behalf of Activision. EA has, as Defender says, a history of pulling down servers without a care in the world. Even abandonware (which btw is a legal gray area, I can think up a handful of software companies who actually asked sites to take down their stuff) hasn't been ruled legal or illegal, but in the vast majority of cases is a cracked downnload anyow for DOS games, or a .iso file.

There's whole communities dedicated to abandonware, but the thing people forget is someone, somewhere, owns the rights to the software. Even if the company went out of business, whoever signed the contract may still very well own the rights for that software, or people. So no, I'm agreeing with Defender on this one. Hell, I've been banned from other forums for asking for things I didn't even know were pirated content and didn't even gett a warning, just a straight up get out of our forum response.