Re: DnD - Running official Modules as a blind person

So, I am currently running four campaigns a week for sighted and blind players alike. Mostly homebrew, but sometimes I throw in a module.
I don't like modules in general, except to help springboard my own ideas. Most of them are pretty poorly written, or they don't fit in my world where I want them so I end up redesigning them anyway.
That being said, the way I started to run was to run a small three session campaign. My players enjoyed it, and said they would love to play more, so I took that three session campaign, sat on it for a few weeks, and it grew to the almost two year thing that it is today.

As The Angry GM says, the best way to get good at running games is to f$ run games." By the way, The Angry GM has a lot of great tips for running. I highly recommend his site.

I have a text file template for a 5e character sheet, which I would be more than happy to put in its own post for you to use. Feel free to adapt it as you see fit.

As to d&DBeyond, the character creation tool is finicky but accessible enough, but the character sheet layout when it's all said and done is absolutely terrible.

Regarding maps, I don't use maps unless it is an extremely chaotic fight and I know I'm going to lose track of positions. If it is one of those, I just use an excel sheet, nothing to terribly fancy, and I can even pass it out to my players. I have also used brush tone to make world maps, but they take a long time, and it is hard to get it to where I would like, so again, very very basic. Just saying that, "Jeck's Crossing is on the northern border of Melkiar and Tiria along the River of the Leaping Trout about fifty miles from the eastern coast," is good enough for most.

My life basically revolves around D&D these days, so feel free to ask questions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector