Re: Pokémon access

Jayde wrote:

Second, an actual bug. When you go to teach a TM or HM to a pokemon, things are mislabelled. For instance, when hovering over my Magicarp, it will say "Magicarp: not able", but if I then click on it for the fun of it, it will say that my Pikachu is trying to learn Dig (Pikachu being the one above it in the party list). I accidentally taught the wrong pokemon Cut this way (I don't much care, because it's going in the box once Cut becomes useless). But this needs fixing.

Thank you for the warning, it's fixed now. Links on first post and source code updated.

Jayde wrote:

And there's a crash I can replicate.
If you hit the backslash key, the game audio stops. Hitting right bracket rewinds it to what feels like a fairly arbitrary point, and you can fight again. Here's the problem though. The instant you press a script key like l or j or whatever to get a fix on the nearest item, the game soft-locks. I'm not sure if this is emulator behaviour, ROM behaviour or what, but it's weird and it's annoying, mostly because you then have to reload the game and reload the scripts. First time this happened, my finger slipped off the enter key (yup, that'll sure learn me, by god) and I lost about fifteen minutes of progress, which was annoying.

This is an emulator problem. To avoid this crashes, if you press the backlass key when playing, you should be able to unfreeze the emulator pressing the "pause" key.

Jayde wrote:

Oh, something else weird. When the game reads text, it sounds something like this.

I love. to fish.
Fishing is the best. thing in the world.

There are always pauses and gaps in speech that are highly unnatural, and I know that it's not a matter of the text itself. I guarantee you the text is not actually written this way. I think this is one of those niggles that makes the game feel more awkward than it should. I wish text would read naturally, the way it's written.

I know about this problem, and what causes it. I'm working on it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuive via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Shiro via Audiogames-reflector