Re: 7 Major Android Features Copied by Apple in iOS 8

Well, this is all very subjective. Of course, nothing stops you connecting up a Bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone and then having Skynet in your pocket. That is entirely feasible, works surprisingly well, and only requires one device. However, what I'd love to see is a keyboard case that allowed you to slot in an iPad, thus turning it into a notebook; now you've got Skynet in a small case, with the benefits of what limited keyboard input iOS has, but especially typing, while at the same time having full exploration that is only possible with a big screen. It's no Mac, but I'm fairly sure my productivity who go up several orders of magnitude. Even when the iPad is out of the case and on my lap, I love being able to touch-type fairly reliably in touch-type mode, which just isn't as easy on iPhone.

As to the differences from VoiceOver itself, it announces split panes and popovers. The Skype app puts more on the iPad screen than on the iPhone, and arguab ly makes the menu much more useful by having it pop over the contacts/recent and chat multipane view. However, the actual functionality is identical in both versions, obviously, and I have often yearned for the simple iPhone UI on my iPad (everything is always full-screen, Back is used to move up, etc). You can see how this is simpler for us, but less useful to a sighted person who needs to learn the convention in order to use the apps. However, it really is here nor there where I'm concerned, because both are perfectly accessible. There are gestures to move between the panes and dismiss popovers, and it all makes perfect sense to me.

There is only one iPad version, not multiple ones. The iPad version works for both Air and Mini. Not Micro; the iPod Touch uses iPhone apps. smile